Thursday, August 16, 2012

Controlled insanity

I'm at a place in my journey where things are going great for my career, yet my personal life isn't what's up. I remember going to set this week, a time where I should be excited (I mean it was a paying gig), but I couldn't help but focus on how I was going to fix what's going on in my personal life.  I managed to push that aside and deliver, from what I was told, a great performance.  It made me think of the celebrities who are expected to be "on" all of the time. No matter what is going on in their lives, they have to portray an oh so happy human being who doesn't have a worry in the world. I'm realizing that this business can make even the most put together person crack. So every now and then I have to check to see why am I doing this. Why am I risking everything for a dream that most people surrounding me think is impossible or dare I say crazy?  Because if I'm only motivated by  fame & money, I might as well stop now and get the dreaded 9 to 5 job. But I'm definitely not motivated by that. In fact, I'm one of those weird people who thinks that they can somehow make this world a better place through the arts (insert sappy music...lol).  So my challenge to myself is to find that balance. To find that happiness in the midst of my storm. For those that go to church, here's where the "Amen's" & "Hallelujahs" come in.  Because in all honesty, people don't care. When they hire you for a job, you're expected to perform, and that's it. So I have to find what works for me to keep me...well...sane. Some days I find that exercising works, other days it's writing. So I encourage you today to find something that can bring you to your happy place :)  Something that can help keep you sane in an industry that's full of insanity. Until next time: Love Jesus, life and every opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment