Monday, September 10, 2012

Lesson learned...my rant!

You know, I'm learning that there are signs to indicate how a production will go. Because I'm "learning" of course I don't always acknowledge these signs. Then I find myself in a situation that I pretty much can't get out of. I don't knock anyone's hustle, but enough is enough. You can't tell me, the actor, not to worry when the show is a week a way, and there are still roles that haven't been cast. You can't tell me, the actor, that I should just worry about me. This is theater, well supposedly. Theater to me is a team effort, so for me to just worry about myself is the most selfish thing I can do. Everything in me wants to quit! I don't because it's my name. If its one thing I've already learned is how small this business is. There's no way I want to be known as someone who is flaky. This is going to be a struggle to get through this show. But I have nobody to blame but myself. All of the signs were there, but because I just wanted to be on stage, I ignored them. Another lesson learned...the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment