Sunday, August 30, 2015

Staying true to me!

It's been an interesting year to say the least.  Not in a bad way.  It just seems like nothing is going how I had planned.  Which is not a bad thing, it's a mind opening thing.  This thing called life is unbelievably unpredictable.  And not letting it get in the way of you reaching your goals is a fight, I will admit.  I'm pleased that I haven't let anything stop me from reaching my short term goals which are getting me closer to my long term goals.  Happy to say that I'm working with an agent now.  Praying that everything works with that.  However, agent or no agent my "hustle" is still the same.  I'll never feel comfortable putting my career in the hands of someone else.  I've realized that it's all about strategy and doing what works best for me.  I'm narrowing down on my "type" which is a word that quite honestly is very annoying to me.  Because everyone seems to have an idea of what an actors type is.  But, that's the business for you.  Everyone is going to have an opinion, but what matters is what you're comfortable with.  And ultimately I'm learning to keep my feelings out of things.  There's no room for feelings in this business.  I know that sounds terribly bad, but it's so true.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm now understanding the business side of acting more and more.  I wish I could give a defining moment when everything just clicked for me, but I can't.   I just now understand when people say  that talent is just not enough to make it.  It's all good. I used to be worried about how long it would take me to "make it".  Now...I'm just enjoying the journey.  Until next time...Loving Jesus, life and every opportunity.  Check me out on twitter & instagram - @ShashoneLambert

No comments:

Post a Comment