Sunday, April 26, 2015

I got this...really I do :)


I so did not realize that it has been this long since I've written a post.  But here I am, in 2015, with a new outlook.  At the beginning of the year, I vowed not to do anymore non-union, non-paid work.  I'm proud to say that I have stuck to that thus far.  Yes, things are way slower, but somehow I feel more validated as an artist.  I don't have to say yes to everything.  It's alright to say my time and talent have value.  I'm back in class, which just enhances my passion for my craft.  And for the first time since I decided to pursue acting, I'm focusing all of my time and energy into it.  Prior years I've let my job, people, fear stop me from putting my everything into it.  Then I would sit back and wonder why I'm not further in my career.  That all stopped this year.  And I will say this: I will absolutely get an agent this year.  Not just any agent, but an agent who knows my work, believes in my work and can see where I'm going.  I'm sick of listening to everybody about what's "right", what "the rules" are. I can and will land an agent.  I finally feel like NOW is the right time.  I have a lot to offer.  I'm putting together my package (yes, I'm doing it the old school way...mailings...lol). I'm making sure that everything is up-to-date, including my social media accounts.  Uuugh...as much as I have a love/hate...really hate relationship with social media, I do know that it's important.  But I'm feeling good, and I look forward to posting updates about my "finding an agent" journey!!  Until next time: Loving Jesus, life and every opportunity!  www.ShashoneLambert.com / www.InvestmentsTheSeries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment