Sunday, May 11, 2014

Finding balance

Whenever someone asks me what I do for fun I simply reply, "I work!".  Yup, this business operates 24/7 and  I try to operate the same way as best as humanly possible.  Now that may sound completely unhealthy and I'm not going to argue with you on that.  But in my defense when I'm on my computer for hours updating my reel, looking for casting notices, etc. it really doesn't feel like "work".  I enjoy it, I really do.  The feeling of being productive is what I like best and it fuels me to keep it going the next day, and the next day after that, and...well you get the picture.  I now realize that it's equally important to find some kind of balance in my life.  It's OK for me to go to the movies with friends, or even just hang out at a friends house and do absolutely nothing that's related to acting.  It's a hard thing to do though.  We always hear about missed opportunities and the old saying, "stay ready so you won't have to get ready when an opportunity presents itself."  That's what I drill to myself constantly, but lets face it, I'm no good if I'm burnt out.  So I make a conscious effort to just enjoy life and every part of it, whether it has to deal with the business or not.  I give myself permission to live.  I find that when I do this, I'm actually much more creative and much more present in my work.  So, take time out to live...and enjoy doing it!!  Until next time...Loving Jesus, life and every opportunity!!  Follow me on twitter: @ShashoneLambert  and my hit webseries @InvestmentsTV

No comments:

Post a Comment